Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

1-800-ALQ-AIDA


Asked how he responds to Americans worried about violations of their privacy, he responded, "If somebody from al-Qaida is calling you, we'd like to know why."
R-r-r-ing!

"Hello?"

"This is al Qaida calling --"

Click. Bzzzzz.

R-r-ring!

"Hello?"

"Hello, this is al Qaida calling --"

Click. Bzzzzz.

R-r-ring!

"Hello?"

"Listen, this is not a sales call, we're just calling to inform you are a winner -- you have won one of three wonderful prizes!"

"..."

"Are you there?"

"Hello?"

"Yes, yes, hey, you are a winner! How's it feel to be a winner?"

"Who is this?"

"I bet it feels good! I don't win that much myself, so I'm really envious of you. Now look, in order to send this out to you, along with a full year subscription to the New York Times, we just need to write down your address. So how's that sound, should I send it to you?"

"..."

"Hello? Are you there?"

"Uh, hello?"

"So do you want us to send out your prize?"

"Hello?"

"I said, you've won a prize and we want to send it out to you, so we just need to confirm your address. And you'll get a one-year subscription to the New York Times! Tell me, what is it you go to first when you get the Sunday Times?"

"..."

"I'll bet it's the crossword puzzle! Am I right? Well, you'll get a whole year of crossword puzzles, plus your prize, and we'll send that out right now, if you just --"

Click.

"Hello, did you hang up again?"

"Yeah he did, this is the NSA. Just curious, which prize did he win? It was the cheap luggage, wasn't it?"




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?